About the Collection
- Collection images provide full and part-time faculty with an easily accessible source of visual aids for classroom use.
- College Archives holds more than 47,000 digital images covering a wide range of subjects. Illustrations from the Stokstad, Gardner, and Janson survey textbooks are also in the collection.
- Represented media includes: architecture, sculpture, painting, drawing, book arts, printmaking, photography, ceramics, mosaics, stained glass, textiles, jewelry, arms and armor, metalwork, furniture, commercial art, theater arts, process art, performance and video art, customs and culture, and fashion.
- The collection contains images requested by faculty members. To keep the collection current, College Archives encourages faculty to request images to enhance coursework.
Access to MDID
- To register as a user, ask questions, or schedule a training session please email College Archives at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDID Training Documents
- Please submit image requests to email@example.com and allow time for processing of requests. Processing time is dependent upon request order and size. Allow a minimum two week turnaround.
Additional Image Resources
- As well as using MDID in the classroom, the library provides access to both the ARTstor Digital Library and the Saskia Art Images Collection, more than doubling the number of images available for classroom use.
- Images from these resources can be downloaded by the user and then uploaded and added to a user's personal images to be used in slideshows alongside MDID image files.
ARTstor Digital Library (sign-in required when off-campus)
Saskia Art Images Collection
Trouble signing in? Experience a problem? Suggestion for additional images? Email Us.
Copyright 1997-2011 James Madison University